Saturday 17 April 2010

ipad, flash and interactive books

footnotes-of-a-hammock
I have been watching what has been happening with apple and Adobe in relation to the launch of the ipad and CS5. I was hoping that they would get it together and flash would be made available to seriously create applications for the ipad and iphone. It hasn't happened. Apple have more or less banned flash from them. This seems to be because of how power hungry flash is - so that it overloads the phone or the ipad operating system.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2010/apr/09/apple-adobe-flash-developer-row

I am particularly interested in this because I have a background as a book designer, see example above, and one reason I am back at uni is because I presumed it was probably a 20th century profession that will fade away and I better move along a little. ipads in particular and other digital tablets in general do seem to offer the possibility of a new and revitalised form of book reading and I think this could be interesting for people with my background. So I am thinking about what I would need to design ipad apps. I was looking for a way around learning some serious code, but that doesn't seem likely for some time now.
Bernard

No comments:

Post a Comment